When it comes to our plumbing system, it is essential to observe the proper habits, especially when using each plumbing fixture. However, plumbing emergencies always happen, and calling for someone professional is only the best option you have left since fixing your plumbing problems yourself is sometimes difficult. Aside from that, fixing your plumbing problems yourself will not assure you if you are doing the right thing, which might also lead you to a much bigger problem if it’s not taken care of correctly.
One way to prevent plumbing emergencies is to take proper precautions with your plumbing system. Since plumbing problems do not occur by chance, by following these do’s and don’ts, you can be saved from calling an emergency plumber.
Do’s To Prevent Plumbing Emergencies:
- Do Check For Leaks- Leaks are one of the most leading causes of plumbing headaches in most homes. Particularly in your kitchen sink, this plumbing fixture is more likely to leak due to regular usage. When you detect water leaking through the sink strainer, faucet, or any other part of the sink, immediately check for leakages.
- Do Look For Signs Of Corrosion- One way to know the signs of corrosion is to spot rust or green stain on your pipes. Also, if it smells metallic like iron, chances are your pipes might be corroded. It is advisable to replace your pipelines as soon as possible, especially when the corrosion is severe to prevent you from costly repairs in the future.
- Do Inspect All Your Plumbing Fixtures- To prevent plumbing emergencies, regular inspection of your plumbing fixtures can help you avoid calling an emergency plumber. It is significant to inspect your showerheads, taps, and valves. Wipe all the surfaces around these fixtures to ensure there are no plumbing leaks, and search for signs of moisture after an hour or two.
Don’ts To Prevent Plumbing Emergencies:
- Don’t Flush Anything- Aside from human waste, items like baby wipes, cotton pads, or paper towels should not be flushed in your toilet. The following items mentioned can create chaos in your plumbing system.
- Don’t Pour Oils or Grease In The Sink- Oils or grease can wreak havoc in your plumbing system if you are not careful enough in pouring those into your kitchen sink.
- Don’t Ignore Even The Smallest Leakages- Small leaks that are left unattended can grow into a more costly problem, which eventually damages your property.
However, if you have major plumbing issues, you should turn to a professional plumbing company immediately. In this way, you can prevent such problems from becoming worse and even prevent costly repairs in the future.
Call Velvet Plumbing Now!
Here at Velvet Plumbing, we have an emergency plumber that can take care of the job, especially when it comes to sewer line repair, clogged toilet repair, water heater repair, and so much more. So, if you are here for any of the following, then you have come to the right place!
For reservations: Please contact our customer service immediately!